Pedestrians should walk on the right side of the road. All vehicles, including bicycles should travel on the left side.

It is every pedestrian's and driver's responsibility to follow traffic rules and signals. If drivers have a green light, they expect pedestrians to follow traffic signals strictly and may not slow down.

Please stop at the red light whenever and wherever to avoid any accidents. When crossing a crosswalk at a green light, pedestrians should watch for vehicles making right or left turns.

Drivers may NOT turn right at a red light, which is legal in some countries. When the main traffic signal is red, drivers must follow the green arrow signals for turning or continuing straight.
Free Wifi Spots as follows:

Narita International Airport Terminals 1 and 2
Locations:  whole area (public area and restricted area)
Times:  unlimited to re-entry
Procedures to select the SSID, and to agree to the Terms of Use
Tel:  0476-34-8000
Multilingual Guidance:   Eng. Chc. Chs. Kor. Tha. Etc.

  • G Free(Ginza District Free Public Wireless LAN)
  • G-Free is a WiFi service available for anyone to use free of charge. G Free Coverage Area
  • Ginza-dori from Ginza 1-Chome to 8-Chome9 access points along Harumi-dori Matsuya rooftop, Mitsukoshi rooftop, Ginza Kabukiza Theater B2F Kobikicho SquareNamiki-dori (5- to 8-Chome)SSID@GinzaFree (for all access points)
  • Inquiries:Ginza Street Association Office TEL:03-3561-0919

For details, visit the website:
Free Wifi application is available for download from the following websites:
The best spots for buying Japanese handcrafted goods or other specialty souvenirs are at specialty shops located around Tokyo. Other options include department stores such as Isetan, Takashimaya, Marui, Matsuya, Sogo and Seibu, where you can find almost everything. The department stores of major cities in Japan offer a wide range of products.

For more information, visit: department-stores/#sthash.e3N1wwmv.dpuf

If you don't have much time, you may do last-minute shopping at Narita airport where various shops sell popular items for souvenirs and daily goods.
"The Expat's Guide to Japan" provides comprehensive information on Japan’s medical care system including a search engine for English speaking physicians. For details, visit:

Ambulance:   Dial 119 (for sudden illness or injury )

Fire:  Dial 119

Police:  Dial 110

*emergency numbers are toll-free

Koban (交番, local police box) is a small building where police officers are stationed 24 hours a day. You can go to police officers in a Koban for:

  • Help in case of an accident or emergency
  • Filing a report
  • Directions
  • Lost and found

For lost/stolen passports, go to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate immediately.

  • Complete Form DS-64 or sign a sworn statement regarding the details of the loss or theft of the passport. (Bring a police report if one was issued.)
  • Provide proof of identification, such as a driver’s license. Wait for the embassy or consulate to search the Passport Verification System to confirm that a passport had been issued to you.
  • Complete an application for a replacement passport and obtain new passport photographs before submitting the application.
  • Pay the applicable passport application fees.
  • Pick up the new passport